Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Officer said he paced me at 85 to 90, but I never broke 75 or 76... I came down the on ramp onto George Bush Fwy at full throttle in 3rd gear and hit 75, got ahead of traffic slightly, then I saw him in my rear view mirror about 300 yards back... I don't know where he got 85 to 90 but I know he didn't pace me at that (he didn't use radar). he was catching up to me the whole time while I slowly eased down to 70 and he hit his lights... Geez. Good thing is he didn't put my (drivers) license number down incorrectly on the ticket (duh? Mr. Occifer?). Lawyers don't do anything in the Garland, TX courts here except go for deferred adjudication. I really feel the need to fight this ticket because I wasn't going 80 like the ticket says... Any thoughts from fellow GTO owners out there?

·
Registered
314 Posts
If there is reasonable doubt you have a case; I say fight it.

How can someone pace you 3 football lengths away and have no basis for a starting speed (presuming he didn't use radar). Stick it to the man.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think if there is anything written wrong in the ticket (name, address, time of day, license number) then there is no way it can hold up. All you should have to do is appear and state that this is not the license number of your car. The system is quite precise and does reward us poor souls when the officer is in too much of a hurry. In NY, I think that you can even send it in with this explanation, but I'm not positive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.