Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
If it's SLP's hood, (10 hp) I would probably opt for the hood.

Headers ONLY, on LS1's only increase (8 hp) from my experiences on the SS owner's website

Now, if you can get the whole exhaust system, expecting gain of 18 hp, that'd be great, but the 2k is a big nut to crack for me, with b-days, xmas, hunting season all coming up :party

·
Registered
159 Posts
westell said:
If it's SLP's hood, (10 hp) I would probably opt for the hood.

Headers ONLY, on LS1's only increase (8 hp) from my experiences on the SS owner's website

Now, if you can get the whole exhaust system, expecting gain of 18 hp, that'd be great, but the 2k is a big nut to crack for me, with b-days, xmas, hunting season all coming up :party

Are you on crack? You expecta hood to give you 10 hp (RWHP or BHP) It is still insane to even belive that... And the headers wil give you an esay 20 - 25 rwhp w/o tuning and it will even be lighter then the stock manifolds too... if you replace the whole system expect at least a 30 rwhp gain... Go stainless works exhasut and headers though.. they are the best design by far

·
Registered
590 Posts
Redline said:
Are you on crack? You expecta hood to give you 10 hp (RWHP or BHP) It is still insane to even belive that... And the headers wil give you an esay 20 - 25 rwhp w/o tuning and it will even be lighter then the stock manifolds too... if you replace the whole system expect at least a 30 rwhp gain... Go stainless works exhasut and headers though.. they are the best design by far
Not on crack at all. Matter of fact, I've been member of SS Owner's Assocation www.chirpthird.com, for over 2 years, and before that and during my ordering of my '02 SS Camaro and until the SLP Forum shut down for another year and a half.

What I've written 10 hp is what SLP engineers have determined. This is what they've stated from the Firehawk, Camaro SS, and now GTO hood.

Many forum members installed and dynoed "just headers" and that's what I wrote about. Many were surprised not to get higher numbers from adding headers to an LS1. Even here, there's a thread by a member adding a complete stainless exhaust, front to back, and all he got was 18 rwhp. LS1's are NOT a typical V8 where you may see a higher gain. Just my experiences, you can believe or not. :cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts