Pontiac GTO Forum banner

I have monry for just one; Banshee GTO Hood or Long Tube Headers?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks P!

I'm heaving leaning that way. I have been offered them 50 bucks cheaper 849.00

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know much about headers except they sound really cool but I think you're really risking voiding your warranty with them. The '05 hood, while it looks cool, doesn't actually vent the air you're taking in to the air box like the after market hoods do. I believe the carbon fiber hood is already out at PFYC as someone on the LS1GTO forum just had one installed by them last week.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to order the carbon fiber hood (very very light) and it added the fiberglass hood to my shopping car.

I guess I will just have to call them on that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You all know the hood is brand new i was just talkin 2 my aftermarket guy i deal w/ and he was tellin me as far as the hood goes withing 6 mos there will be prob a few diff hoods for the GTO and prob a bit cheaper than wuts out there now...im gonna wait a bit and c...but hey thats me.....as far as choices the gto is fast enough for me now so givin the choice i would get the hood...but again thats me...........

·
Registered
18 Posts
How much of an advantage over stock are the headers and cats would be my question? Seems the 2004 GTO has an impressive exhaust to start with. You mentioned doing the SLP cat back which is on my wish list as well. If the headers do make $800 of a difference then I would go with them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You have to figure the labor on the headers too.

The headers seem to have the poll votes but N/A I don't think they would add more than 10rwhp, but that's just me. I think I may go with the hood and find other go fast parts later. I really like that hood!! :)

Waiting is always an option, there is always something cheaper coming out, but I'm not a waiting person. I like to hook my stuff up early and be different
rather than wait till everyone has a hood all the 05's are out and my car looks just likely every other car.

I am gonna go with the hood and a skid plate and make the front end much lighter then do some go fast mods later. After the CAI, Pulley
and SLP Dual it should get up and go pretty fast and then I will wait for more headers to come out. I think a good price for headers is $699.00 myself we will see that soon I hope! And that price should include the 02 simms or cats

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you want better performance... save up for lighter wheels and tires... remember... removing 10 lbs of rotating mass(anywhere on the drivetrain, or suspension) is like taking 60 lbs of dead weight of... the ratio is 6-1... but if i were you, i would go headers right now... and it is alot more then a 10 rwhp difference... stinless works headers will yield you at least 20-30 rwhp gains

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already have lighter rims/tires. I'm home for (hopefully) 3 days *gasp*, washed my Goat and snapped off some pics of it in stock form with the Fittapaldi rims. I am gonna get them up to my website in a few if all goes well. This place I can show the progression on my after market stuff as I add it. Before and after sort of deal. Headers are a pain lol but yeah they make power. PFYC made me a good deal on the Carbon Fiber Hood though and it's being molded as I type this. Next month headers I guess. I will want both let's face it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts