Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that's right guys. vista ridge pontiac is taking $8000 off msrp. something is going here, that i don't understand. there couldn't have been that much, markup in this car. now where is the value, or was it over priced from the start. what does that say for the 05. there is no way, they are going to get $33 or $34k, not after givng $8000 off the 04. I think they started out to compete with BMW, and then changed their competition to mustang. what do you think? :seeya:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe that invoice plus destination is 31,xxx. Its just kind of hard to move a slow seller when you have a comparably priced replacement that has more power, bigger brakes, and possibly better styling. I know mine was 24,2xx before ttl.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Desoto GTO said:
that's right guys. vista ridge pontiac is taking $8000 off msrp. something is going here, that i don't understand. there couldn't have been that much, markup in this car. now where is the value, or was it over priced from the start. what does that say for the 05. there is no way, they are going to get $33 or $34k, not after givng $8000 off the 04. I think they started out to compete with BMW, and then changed their competition to mustang. what do you think? :seeya:
i think the answer is that dealers got $5000 from GM for each 04 GTO they had left. There is $2500 - 3000 in gross profit between invoice/holdbacks and MSRP/zone fees So 8000 off MSRP sounds about right - throw in the 1500 rebate for those owning a GM car and a few other things and you could do even better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want to know more about this deal.
I dont know how exactly to negociate with the Dealer about the Rebates, i want some help on this if is possible
i know the $5000 instant rebate from the $33000 but thats it, how do i get more rebates? what im suppose to say?? i dont own a GM car at the moment but maybe i can get any OLD GM car for a cheap price and use it as $1500 rebate...? so then it will be

------
$26500 + how do i get it to $23000?. im also giving in $2500 Down Payment

I want to get the MONTHLY payment around $350 -390 and thats working for almost 2 weeks to pay a car... Hmmmm

·
Registered
197 Posts
I Don't Think That True I've Been Working With A Dealer For The Last Three Weeks Trying To Get My Car And They Hadgave Me A Price Of 338 A Month Lease Then All Of The Sudden He Tells Me He Can't Lease It To Me I Will Have To Fin. It For 570 I'm Still Trying To Work This Out But He Doesn't Seem He Wants To Move The Car Tells Me He Will Wait Till Spring To Sell It The Msrp Is 33190 And He Tells Me He Will Give It To Me For 32500 + The Old 5500 Rebate What Do You Guys Think

·
Registered
15 Posts
But how i tell the DEALER to sell it to me in $23500?? i told the guy on the dealer yesterday that other dealers sell GTO 04 for $23000 and the guy told me to wait and he came back with a $5000 REBATE and we keep asking for lower monthly payment and they start talking alot of SH** and thats it?? they wanted to sell me the car for $28000

Is there any other option PLEASE!!! thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.