Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Goat is no longer a virgin. Was next to an EVO the other night and, well, needless to say it was on. He (and his girlfriend) had me for the first 150/200 feet. Once I got into 2nd going into 3rd he got a good look at the GTO tail lights. I just coasted after that and blew by one of Kenosha's finest in an Intrepid (I traded in my Intrepid to get my GTO). Luckily, the EVO had turned off. Whew!!! The cop took my license and went back to his car. He came back shaking his head and said "I don't know why, but I'm going to cut you a break. That's a hot car, let's try and keep it in the speed limit." Man!!! what a lucky break!!!! Anyone else had any similar run ins? He probably took a look at my license and saw I was almost 41 and took pity on me Ha Ha!!!

04 Red/Red M6

·
Registered
116 Posts
I Would Give You A Break Just Because I Have A Gto. Just Don't Expect It From My Fellow Officers In Nashville,tn. We Have A New Chief And Traffic Stops Have More Than Doubled Since He Took Over....so Drive Slowly If You Come Thru My City.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd have to go along with the "You lucky, lucky bastard."

Police give/don't give tickets on inumerous illogical reasons. I had a state trooper pull my GN over and told me I was doing 70 (which I was), but that the Chevrolet that had PASSED me was only doing 60. (?!!?) When I told him that the judge would be anxious to hear how that physics worked he "only" gave me a warning ticket.

I dunno about other states, but I think here in Illinois anything over 80MPH is a whole different class of speeding and I think they are supposed to take you in. You probably hit him when he didn't want to fill out all the paperwork.

You lucky, lucky bastard! :cheers

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Dammit.

Just got my first ticket in the GTO.

Coming down Hwy 58, and blasting past some left-lane Nazi @sshole (in an Acura TL)...and didn't notice until too late I was closing on an umarked Kern County Sheriff's car on his way home.

He got me dead to rights, but only wrote me up for 10 over the speed limit (limit there is 65 mph) when I was probably in the 85-90 range ---because he liked the car. Asked me all kinds of questions about it. Was impressed.

"How fast does it go?"

Me, no dummy: "Yeah....like I'm gonna tell you."

He laughed, then handed me a yellow slip.

Oh well...the dance of life. I'll fight the ticket via paperwork slieght of hand...already beat two that way. We'll see if my luck holds. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Groucho said:
Coming down Hwy 58, and blasting past some left-lane Nazi @sshole (in an Acura TL)...and didn't notice until too late I was closing on an umarked Kern County Sheriff's car on his way home.

I hate those left-lane vigilantes. We have a law in Colorado now that a person can be ticketed for obstructing the "normal flow of traffic" in the left lane of any highway with a speed llimit of 65 MPH or more. This was especially problematic on the roads going up to the mountains for skiing. The semis would be in the right lane and some old fart or vigilante would be lane hogging in the passing lane. As a consequence, one could never pass.

IMO, nothing causes road rage more than left lane vigilantes.

I always let a person pass. I don't care if I'm going 80MPH, I *always* yield to faster traffic.

Also, FWIW, one of the reasons I will not be getting a Red or Yellow Goat is because of tickets. I had a yellow car when I was younger and it was an absolute cop magnet.

With my silver GTP, I speed more than I ever did when I was younger and I've never been stopped in 5+ years. Granted, 99.9% of this speeding is pack speeding (when everyone is going 72 in a 55).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Groucho. You'll have to clue us in on your "slight of hand" ticket avoidance technique. I'm still a little paranoid in my neck of the woods after my close call. I have not seen one GTO in my area since I bought mine almost 4 weeks ago. The dealer I bought from is slowly moving them, but I have not seen another one yet. Mine is red, so I am a target. I'll have to low pro for a little longer. :cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
i just try to be careful here in ny havent been pulled over but when i was parked to cops walked by and notice the plates then did a whole look around noticed what it was i went over and said is there a problem and they said no not all can you start it for us i said sure and they loved . oh by the way the plate reads BRRNRUBR lol

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Groucho. You'll have to clue us in on your "slight of hand" ticket avoidance technique. I'm still a little paranoid in my neck of the woods after my close call. I have not seen one GTO in my area since I bought mine almost 4 weeks ago. The dealer I bought from is slowly moving them, but I have not seen another one yet. Mine is red, so I am a target. I'll have to low pro for a little longer. :cheers
"Trial By Declaration"

This site is Cali-centric, but it may work in your neck of the woods...

http://www.helpigotaticket.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.