Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed into town today and a young guy, 18-22 or so, in a Mustang GT was all over himself to get next to me.

He then reved and kept it 2 gears lower than needed and kept punching it. There was traffic and I just wasn't in the mood.

About a mile down the road we ended up with pole positions. He reved and I shook my head no. There really wasn't any point to it so I just didn't want to waste my gas.

The light turned green and this guy takes off full speed. There was a grey extended cab F-150 behind him with a toolbox in the back and a nice sounding dual exhaust that jumped on it when the kid in the Mustang launched.

The F-150 held in there pretty good for about 5 seconds or so then it lit up like a Christmas tree. This plain truck was a cop car. Blew me away. I would have never guessed from the looks of it that it was.

The kid started to run but caught up to traffic real quick and did the smart thing and pulled over.

The cop gave me a thumbs up as I went by. Guess he watched me shake my head no and knew that I didn't race the kid or encourage him.

Shame the Mustang guy got pulled over like that and it gives me something new to ponder with a plain jane F-150 work truck with loud pipes turning out to be a cop.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wow that was a close one... Good thing you werent in the mood

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow, imagine if it was something more "interesting" to make a run against. VERY close!

·
Registered
336 Posts
ya i pretty much just assume every charger and every dodge pickup is a cop. we have even have a blue charger cop around i have heard there is a red one too but have never seen it myself.. its kinda scary that they are not just the standard black and white now.. but ya you definatly lucked out on that deal:rofl: ill bet i would have not been so lucky i've been waitin for my chance to smoke a mustang..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was headed into town today and a young guy, 18-22 or so, in a Mustang GT was all over himself to get next to me.

He then reved and kept it 2 gears lower than needed and kept punching it. There was traffic and I just wasn't in the mood.

About a mile down the road we ended up with pole positions. He reved and I shook my head no. There really wasn't any point to it so I just didn't want to waste my gas.

The light turned green and this guy takes off full speed. There was a grey extended cab F-150 behind him with a toolbox in the back and a nice sounding dual exhaust that jumped on it when the kid in the Mustang launched.

The F-150 held in there pretty good for about 5 seconds or so then it lit up like a Christmas tree. This plain truck was a cop car. Blew me away. I would have never guessed from the looks of it that it was.

The kid started to run but caught up to traffic real quick and did the smart thing and pulled over.

The cop gave me a thumbs up as I went by. Guess he watched me shake my head no and knew that I didn't race the kid or encourage him.

Shame the Mustang guy got pulled over like that and it gives me something new to ponder with a plain jane F-150 work truck with loud pipes turning out to be a cop.
I wonder what the kid was thinking racing a Z06 in a GT??? It was probably a rural services deputy sheriff or a Fish and Wildlife Officer. Some of the FWC guys drive unmarked Ford full sizes. This is why I never race on the street, you never know who is the five-oh anymore. Marion County SO has an unmarked LS1 Z28 traffic car. I about **** my pants when I saw him pull someone over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts