Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just MMOB when I notice the Nissan SENTRA! in front of me take off..hmmm. I get on his rear and notice extra badges about Spec something 5 blah blah blah. We clear through a small town and finally opens up to a mile straight 2 lane country road. He hits hit. I grab 3rd at 50 then 4th around 65 to pass shift to 5th at 110..pretty easy pass except the darn Nissan is on my a$$. I keep rolling to 125 and though I am pulling he is pretty much right there. The GTO was stable for sure but I don't see how the Nissan stayed on the road.
I admit to being impressed by the little ricer with skinny tires and all. Moral to the story...there are alot of fast cars on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
JWCACE said:
Just MMOB when I notice the Nissan SENTRA! in front of me take off..hmmm. I get on his rear and notice extra badges about Spec something 5 blah blah blah. We clear through a small town and finally opens up to a mile straight 2 lane country road. He hits hit. I grab 3rd at 50 then 4th around 65 to pass shift to 5th at 110..pretty easy pass except the darn Nissan is on my a$$. I keep rolling to 125 and though I am pulling he is pretty much right there. The GTO was stable for sure but I don't see how the Nissan stayed on the road.
I admit to being impressed by the little ricer with skinny tires and all. Moral to the story...there are alot of fast cars on the road.
:willy: i need more hp

B

·
0 Posts
bah, you shifted too soon. You dont accelerate for CRAP at 125 in 5th, too low in the rpm range. Shoulda asked him to slow it down to 20 and then see what happens when you run that sucker at 6k shifts!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No....I shifted properly and dusted the nissan.... still a light car with good hp is quick at 6o to 100 or so. Thats all I was saying. We quit at 125 I was in 5th from 110 to 125 and was pulling away nicely but it isn't like I couldn't see him in the mirror. baah :)

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
big_mike said:
bah, you shifted too soon. You dont accelerate for CRAP at 125 in 5th, too low in the rpm range. Shoulda asked him to slow it down to 20 and then see what happens when you run that sucker at 6k shifts!
I'm agreeing with Big mike here. 2nd is where you should have started. It's good till 70, 3rd is good till 100, 4th gets you to 140. You should have run the gears out a bit more. The LS2 is a deep breather and makes power up high in the rev range.Just as you were starting to make go power you shifted.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I agree with Shifting way to low. 3rd is good until 100, and 4th is good till about 135 to 140. Heck shifting like that I'll race you in my wifes Pontiac G6 GT(Oprah car). I think that would be a good episode of 'Pinks'. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
:lol: :agree
C5ORGTO said:
I agree with Shifting way to low. 3rd is good until 100, and 4th is good till about 135 to 140. Heck shifting like that I'll race you in my wifes Pontiac G6 GT(Oprah car). I think that would be a good episode of 'Pinks'. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Taka2005 said:
Completely agree that there are plenty of fast cars on the road today...

Also totally agree that your shift points were way too low.
Agree....I just didn't think of running 3rd to 100 against a Sentra.

B

·
0 Posts
JWCACE said:
Agree....I just didn't think of running 3rd to 100 against a Sentra.
when your racing, NEVER think you can just toy with your opponent. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS give it your all !!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree with shift points of 100 and 140. I had a new M3 toy with me a couple of weeks ago then passed me so I stayed on his ass. I was at 130 in 4th and still had power but that is when he moved to the slow lane, slowed down and gave me the thumbs up. Had it not been for traffic I would have passed him at 130 but it was fun to actually catch up to him and ride his ass when he passed me. I am sure he thought there was no way I was going to catch him. By the way, that was the fastest I have gone in my Beast.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The fastest I have ever gone is 142 in a porsche about 15 years ago. I had a vasectami earlier this year so my balls aren't quite as big as the used to be! LOL I live in Maryland and I would like to keep my licence. Funny thing is the only speeding ticket I have in 7 1/2 years was 2 months ago in my wifes beetle convertible. I asked the cop if he was sure he got me and not someone else. He didn't laugh.

B

·
0 Posts
im sure if you were to go for a ride with Jeremy, he would take you past that now. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I rode in the R up by the shop the put the turbo in when he first got it out of there. That thing is awsome. It's funny though. I have driven my friends c-5 with mods and my other friends 02 camaro ss with mods and my GTO All around 400 horses. unless you push the horsepower by a 100 or so, they all feel about the same. Exept for his suspension. jezzus, definitely not a trip car. I like the all wheel drive. I bet he will tear up that autocross once he gets used to the car.

B

·
0 Posts
did he tell you about our race that he will chicken out of? I told him I would own him in my cavalier for 60 feet. He hasnt called me up to run YET! wussie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts