Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Lemans 350, originally an A/C car. Most of the A/C components have been removed.

I took off the housing that hold the A/C stuff, I thought the heater blower was inside of it, the blower only works on low and medium. Do I need to get a non-A/C housing?

I dont need or desire having A/C in the car, my question is--What can I remove of the A/C components and still have just regular heat and defrost?

Appreciate these forums, they have been really helpful for me!

Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
got the AC delete housing ordered

and a new blower motor, does the inner fender have to come off to get to the blower motor?

·
Registered
61 Posts
On the subject of A/C I'm pretty sure your 69 is the same as my 68. You can't use the cover from a non a/c, the firewall layout is completely different. You'll have to make your own box if you want to get rid of that huge a/c housing. I'll post a pic of the one I made to give you an idea.

The blower motor is under the top of the fender, tucked between the inner wheel well. It's a real pain in the butt to get at it without removing the fender, but it can be done. I'd take a look at the fan switch itself before trying to pull the blower motor because that's probably where the problem is.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts