Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now it's happening to me........I was challenged today by a guy in what looked like a somewhat made up 73-74 Nova. As I approached a traffic light in my lane I noticed in my rearview mirror a yellow Nova bearing down on me. He was in a hurry to get to me before the light changed. As he got along side of me, and I noticed the road ahead went from 2 lanes to 1. As I looked over at him, I noticed the cockiness radiating from him. I said to my wife who was seated beside me, I think this guy wants a piece of me. Well, as I was saying to her, I think I'll give him a head start, the light changed.... He gunned it...I gave him 1 car length, my wife said What are you waiting for.!!??!!.. Well, I nailed it, the goat felt as though it lifted up, and as I wound it out in first, the rock opera emitting from the exhaust pipes roared.... I pulled even with him.... I hit second and propelled past him with the sweet sound of popping coming from the pipes. I hit 3rd and well.... I could see in my rearview mirror, his hands flinging up and down. As I hit 4th he began getting smaller, and smaller..... Being I was about 100 yards ahead of him in what seemed like a quarter mile I let off the gas....he then turned off..... I said to my wife...... He started it! She did say he should a known better.......I said I think he was waiting for a confrontation. I wonder if he learned his lesson.... She said I hope the next guy he does that too in a GTO does the same thing.....I said.... I have no doubt.......

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
GTO judge said:
Well now it's happening to me........I was challenged today by a guy in what looked like a somewhat made up 73-74 Nova. As I approached a traffic light in my lane I noticed in my rearview mirror a yellow Nova bearing down on me. He was in a hurry to get to me before the light changed. As he got along side of me, and I noticed the road ahead went from 2 lanes to 1. As I looked over at him, I noticed the cockiness radiating from him. I said to my wife who was seated beside me, I think this guy wants a piece of me. Well, as I was saying to her, I think I'll give him a head start, the light changed.... He gunned it...I gave him 1 car length, my wife said What are you waiting for.!!??!!.. Well, I nailed it, the goat felt as though it lifted up, and as I wound it out in first, the rock opera emitting from the exhaust pipes roared.... I pulled even with him.... I hit second and propelled past him with the sweet sound of popping coming from the pipes. I hit 3rd and well.... I could see in my rearview mirror, his hands flinging up and down. As I hit 4th he began getting smaller, and smaller..... Being I was about 100 yards ahead of him in what seemed like a quarter mile I let off the gas....he then turned off..... I said to my wife...... He started it! She did say he should a known better.......I said I think he was waiting for a confrontation. I wonder if he learned his lesson.... She said I hope the next guy he does that too in a GTO does the same thing.....I said.... I have no doubt.......
yessssss :cheers i bet he was lik :willy:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTOwner said:
Good kill. Just hope you don't run into a late X-body like this one out there:

Pissed Chevy II/Novas rule.
"A man has got to know his limitations." ... If I seen a car like that out on public road, I'd be the least of his worries. Da Law would be his main focus. I'm just out minding my oooooooooooooown business when these guys want to pick on me. The Goat did it all by herself. All I did was aim her. :willy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.