Pontiac GTO Forum banner
181 - 193 of 193 Posts

· Premium Member
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
First lube, now pictures of your nuts. You have really moved up in the world since the whole breather fiasco.

All joking aside, I am envious of this project. I'd love to bump up the gear ratio in mine a smidge and do away with the one wheel peal it is now, but I have a ton of other irons in the fire right now.
Just trying to keep the middle school humor, makes me feel younger 😉 Still got a 12-bolt for sale...pick your gear 😀

· Registered
7,355 Posts
Received my 1/2" lug nuts, rear end is supposed to ship February 9th 👍 View attachment 161172

You may want to drill some holes in those nuts to keep them cooler in the summer time. And the gear oil goes into the rear axle housing, so don't be thinking you need to dip your nuts in the oil to lube up the threads - keep your nuts dry. ;)

· Premium Member
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
You may want to drill some holes in those nuts to keep them cooler in the summer time. And the gear oil goes into the rear axle housing, so don't be thinking you need to dip your nuts in the oil to lube up the threads - keep your nuts dry. ;)
Drill holes where I never heard of that and I just usually put a tiny bit of grease on the stud.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts