Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys couple of quick questions.

i have a 69 gto and want to finish the project which is all paint and body work.

1. I have a small peice missing in the endura bumper where it looks like some had failed trying to patch it and it fell out, is there anyway to repair this correct or does it need replaced hands down?

2. The inner trunk looks like a dull/faded shade of the rest of the car color its scratched up but solid not rusty or damaged, i was thinking splatter paint would be a quick fix but not sure if that was done in 69 still.

3. It has a few scratches and chips if i wanted it repainted what typr of cost would i be looking at? either a complete full service vs. a quick clean up/ just fixing the needs?

like i said the cars for sale so i cant see mayself throwing a 8,000 dollor paint job on it unless i decided to keep it.

thx for any advice

silky58

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, as far as I know, Endura bumpers are extremely hard to repair, the material used to repair them does not stay on too well.

Number 2 could be remedied with a under hood pad/shielding.

and number 3, well depending on condition, how many times its been painted and etc, you might need anything from a touch up, to a new coat, to a whole strip and repaint.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Filler for/from endura ?

Well, as far as I know, Endura bumpers are extremely hard to repair, the material used to repair them does not stay on too well.
I got some two part urethane filler from a Wood working / paint supply site - about 15 years ago. They had a thick formula for building and a thinner formula for applying a new skin.
Don't have the link any more.
Is 3M the only source now?

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts