Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 gto, bought it with 50,000 miles about a month ago. I am just curious about the clutch and what you guys experience with your goats. Im not sure if it has an aftermarket or what. To fully disengage the clutch, i need to be almost all the way to the floor, is this normal? I also notice a shudder and sometimes chatter if i let the clutch out very slowly like in traffic, or if i put it at like 1200rpms while a release. This shudder happens only when the car is good and hot. Also can someone get a reading on how much pressure their pedal takes to push, because im no wimp, but it seems to be stiffer than the huge john deer i drive daily.

Not really any problems when im by myself because i like speed and dont mind being a bit rough, this is usually only when i have a passenger and i am trying to be smooth and more gentle for them.

clutch has zero slip BTW

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
Sounds like an aftermarket that needs a good fluid bleed. Try that first. It could also be the slave needed a shim when the clutch was installed and the owner just had a clutch thrown on without measuring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts