Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, it's gonna suck. Winter's come to Midwest and it's almost time for the Goat to go into hybernation (I know . . . but this one does).

After a week and a half of snow & salt crap I finally took it out today . . . twice. What joy! What an awesome vehicle. Not just fast, not just comfortable, not just beautiful, not just classy, but all that and more . . .

THIS WINTER'S GONNA REALLY SUCK!!!

G

·
I drove my vette in snow, ice, sleet, hail, whatever. I bought it, I drive it, and always will. It gets dirty, you wash it. It gets damaged, you fix it. Either way, DRIVE IT!

:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Precisely Penn Goat. . . but it does pain to to touch but not to drive.

Besides, Midwestern winter (outside of a few, too few, nice weekends) is mostly a dreary commuting, not a cruising, time. It's simple - if you got 4wd, use it (quite often it's actually much more fun).

·
Registered
148 Posts
PWR_SHIFT said:
Man, it's gonna suck. Winter's come to Midwest and it's almost time for the Goat to go into hybernation (I know . . . but this one does).

After a week and a half of snow & salt crap I finally took it out today . . . twice. What joy! What an awesome vehicle. Not just fast, not just comfortable, not just beautiful, not just classy, but all that and more . . .

THIS WINTER'S GONNA REALLY SUCK!!!
I live in Minnesota and the snow and salt started a few weeks ago. I just can't quite bring myself to slop around in that crap with my new GTO. I'm fortunate to still have the old Caddy to drive this winter. I have been waiting for some dry pavement so I can take it out and listen to that LS2 hit 6500rpm. I don't really enjoy driving it as much in the rain or snow watching some soccer mom coming at me putting on her make-up and talking on the cell phone. It is going to be a long Minnesota winter! :agree

·
Registered
558 Posts
Geez. And here I was whining because I actually had to try out my heater this morning!

I can solve all your problems: Move to Arizona. Our high temps in metro Phoenix will be just about 70 all week. We can finally turn off the a/c and drive with the windows down!

·
Registered
498 Posts
GM Kid said:
Geez. And here I was whining because I actually had to try out my heater this morning!

I can solve all your problems: Move to Arizona. Our high temps in metro Phoenix will be just about 70 all week. We can finally turn off the a/c and drive with the windows down!
Tell Larry Fitzgerald I say hello.

(Also tell him to quit wasting his talent in that sham of a football team!)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey toyota tom just keep leasing them you pretend its like a house payment and you allways drive a new car. of course you could allways buy one and be done in 3-5 years if you like but me I have had enough of crawling under cars in the snow in jan and putting starters in and stuff. Just my own take though. :cheers

·
Registered
558 Posts
Pennsylvania Goat said:
Tell Larry Fitzgerald I say hello.

(Also tell him to quit wasting his talent in that sham of a football team!)
Yep. Larry's a bright spot on an otherwise horrific team. And my Pennsylvania-born wife (from Glen Mills) says "hello" to everyone in your neck of the woods.

G

·
DUDE!!!!! I wish I was there..... Snow tires and a empty iced over parking lot .... A Drift dream come true !!!!!!!..... :willy: :party:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.