Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very Nice.............. Actually the guy I purchased my car from, also used my car in his wedding.

Congrats, by the way!

My sister married two years ago, and headed off in a nicely restored 55 chevy on the other side of her new family.

Good stuff!

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Dang, should have married a girl who's dad had a hotrod! :( lol, my girl (20 year anny coming up :eek:) was raised in the garage and her dad was a fleet mechanic for the local water company for 40 years.

Hope your Daughter and her new Husband have a long and happy Marriage! Congrats!:party:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My uncle drove my wife and I to our reception in his 57 Bel Air, love when people skip the limo route and go with a classic.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My wife's parents took Iras67 GTO on their honeymoon from Alabama to Cocoa Beach in 1970. This weekend my wife is scrounging all the old pictures from their house as it is to be sold. I told her I want anything that is related to the car. What a wonderful family moment you created. Congratulations and good luck to them. As it is said it is the journey not the destination that should be enjoyed.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice Pics! and Congrats!

I apologize for the hijack, but that reminds me...

In 1988, my brother asked if he could drive my '69 'vette Convertable away from his wedding with his new bride. Of course I said yes. He pulled a holeshot in front of the church by sidestepping the clutch at 4500 RPMs. It was just a warmed over 300HP 350 with 3.36 posi, but it went completely non-linear, we like to say... Damned near totaled the car. It came to rest between a brand new IROC Z28 and a telephone pole without hitting a thing.

When we got to the stop sign at the bottom of the hill, he came back to apologize to me, while my wife went up to his new bride and offered her a clean pair of panties.

We still laugh about that!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks all, was a great wedding and i will be moving the two of them down to Marietta this week for his 4 years of med school. Never got a chance to take him out driving before so he was a bit nervous, told him to just step on it, it will go...:eek:...:cheers

·
Registered
727 Posts
thanks all, was a great wedding and i will be moving the two of them down to Marietta this week for his 4 years of med school. Never got a chance to take him out driving before so he was a bit nervous, told him to just step on it, it will go...:eek:...:cheers
Poor kid...
Wedding day jitters AND his first time at the wheel of his father-in-law's beautiful classic car.

It's a wonder he didn't have a full-blown panic attack.:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts