Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some pics of our 64 GTO yesterday and I thought I would post them here. The car is all #s matching and has 43K miles on it. It spent the vast majority of its life in CA. I was told its 85% original paint but I cant be sure of that...it looks like it very well could be. It was clear coated about 3 years ago and looks great I think. It runs and drives great. I would think the Alamo Beige and Portugal Gold two tone paint is pretty rare. I will be listing the car in the classifieds after the holidays but wanted to show it off a little bit first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like a real survivor! GL with the sale.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Saw this on the other forum. Can't get over the fact that it's factory tripower, 3.90 gears, no ps or pb, but with an auto on the column. Stated on the other forum that the 77J tripower auto production was only something like 610 cars for '64, out of 32-33,000 cars made. Pretty rare car. Thanks again for sharing it with us!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Stunning car! Absolutely beautiful!

If you're interested in fixing that sagging driver's seat, it's an easy fix. There's a support spring broken right under that spot where it's sagging. The spring is sold separately from the rest of the seat parts at Ames and can be installed in an hour or so.

·
Registered
111 Posts
OP. This car is beautiful.

Chuck,
do you have any more info on that spring you mention? Are you talking about the edge of the seat?
Thank you.

·
Registered
711 Posts
OP. This car is beautiful.

Chuck,
do you have any more info on that spring you mention? Are you talking about the edge of the seat?
Thank you.
I do... the pair of them from Ames for '64 and '65 seats is P/N: A132FC and cost $18.00

for the '66-'67 seats, it's a "set" and the P/N is: A132FK @ $25.00/set

For '68-72 seats, the P/N is: A132FL @ $15.00/pr

I hope this helps.

Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts