Pontiac GTO Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
have a 69 lemans, won't start. Symptoms, turning the key and it use to click than stat. One day it wouldn'teven click, no noise, no start. Bench test my starter and put in a new one, same symptoms, no sound no start. Any ideas?
Chris
Battery,

·
Registered
469 Posts
The engine detailer I used to use...got discontinued. While putting some tire wet (spray not foam) on my tires , I noticed that it seemed to smell like the engine detailer I used to use. So I gave it a go and sure enough, a very nice satin shine, the heat of the engine will dry it. little to no dust and a quick rinse is all you need and the shine continues. Wipes off the chrome easily. I use it on all my vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
After you watch her quickly engulf in flames creating an inferno you cant get close to , as everyone drives on by , you will always have an A-B-C Extinguisher secured in convienent location.....you personaly will never need it but people whose cars you save from th flame are eternaly greatful

And so you know line from pump to carb is pressurized , unlike feed line to pump , so why must 99.9% of fuel filters be placed in presurised line atop engine above hot exhaust ignition sourse , using only two of cheapest clamps available ???

& bad fuel pumps have nasty habit of allowing fuel to contaminate engine oil ...apearing overful . thin & smelling of gas & worst of all losing viscosity neccesary to maintain coatin on bearin surfaces imeadiatly wastin rod /crank / cam bearings

Cheap stamped steel impeller on generic waterpump does not flow same gallon per minute ratio as cast iron impellers originaly installed on premium fuel hi compression engines

& msd oil pressure kill switch MUST be located as close to oil pumps pressure side as possible to help...connecting it at usual spot kills engine so late that crank is burnt blue & unservicable

Driveshaft dia or surface area should be large as possible...when a 78 G bodies tiny 2& whatever dia shaft reaches yeild behind a 455 & th 400 at over 100 mph , it twist to a point & sepperates from itself with front portion beatin hell out everthin & front of rear section diggin in track , causin entire rear of car to jump uncontrollably up & over until u joint fails & back of rear driveshaft piece shoots through floor & rear seat . potemtialy impaling & killing anyone unlucky enough to be there
All this happens within 1 second & is over before you know it
....unless you roll her..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts