Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now thats quite of collection of goats, great photo.
Im new to this forum, can you please tell me where on this forum I can post my own question. May seen silly, But I just don't see a area/button to post. Your help is appreciated. I have a 66 GTO and have a couple of ?

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
At least they have them all "corraled".....:lol:
Most are too new to hold my interest but sad to see them rotting away like that.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That collection is in Maryland. Our club did a cruise to this guys collection. Inside the building is a collection of every GTO. Cept I didn't see a '74. Parts?? You want it he got it. The inventory was incredible. Nostalgia items, not one or 2 plastic models of every car but stacks of them. Every GTO hotwheel or matchbox made, unopened cartons of boxes and boxes of GTO diecast, radio controlled cars, 8 tracks, you name it he got it.

Rare GTO's New GTO's. I would put the collection and inventory in the 10's of millions. You cannot possibly take it all in, in one day. Those in the yard are taken out and up to the shop and stripped as needed to restore others or sell parts.

One part of the building I bet close to 30 GTO's sitting in varying stages of decay or just waiting for someone to take one to restore. Shelves floor to ceiling (20ft high about) full of parts, engines... RA IV's, III's, II's, I's, fenders, etc etc etc .... the building is an orgasm of GTO items and cars.

Here are a few pics inside on the 2nd floor >>
ROYAL BOBCAT >>

HOW MANY REMEMBER THESE >>>>

COMPLETELY ORIGINAL UNRESTORED >>

IRIS MIST ANYONE?? >>

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Now thats quite of collection of goats, great photo.
Im new to this forum, can you please tell me where on this forum I can post my own question. May seen silly, But I just don't see a area/button to post. Your help is appreciated. I have a 66 GTO and have a couple of ?
Go here and on the left side of the screen, click on "new topic"....
1964-1974 GTO General Discussion - Pontiac GTO Forum

At least they have them all "corraled".....:lol:
Most are too new to hold my interest but sad to see them rotting away like that.
Looks like they left the gate open. I wonder how many escaped?:willy:
Yeah Mitch, those aren't even a challenge, are they:)...............

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Well, if I had money falling out of my pockets, I'd be emailing for date/code correct parts...:willy:

Glad to see they are being put to use as needed and that he has a love for these cars. Usually when you see a yard like that, it's never for sale because they're going to "fix them up" someday.

I like the Iris Mist 65. Nice color you don't see often....:)

Jeff, take a lot of deep breaths and calm down.....it's OK....you can go there on your next vacation...:seeya:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your help, its really nice to get such responses back. I was on another forum and never got any response, thanks again and look forward to talking to ya.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
SH________________________________________

I'm in Texas and I want to get in my car and start driving there RIGHT NOW

How does one go about arranging a visit to this utopia?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He deals in restorations, GTO's bought and sold, parts used/NOS bought and sold. Email is below I don't want to be posting phone numbers up here. If you want it PM me.

Gary's Goats
[email protected]

This would be the man to see about parts. When I was there I gave him my shopping list waiting to hear back on the parts I inquired.

Judging from what I have seen I would find it hard to believe he would not have a particular part one would need.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
That collection is in Maryland. Our club did a cruise to this guys collection. Inside the building is a collection of every GTO. Cept I didn't see a '74. Parts?? You want it he got it. The inventory was incredible. Nostalgia items, not one or 2 plastic models of every car but stacks of them. Every GTO hotwheel or matchbox made, unopened cartons of boxes and boxes of GTO diecast, radio controlled cars, 8 tracks, you name it he got it.

Rare GTO's New GTO's. I would put the collection and inventory in the 10's of millions. You cannot possibly take it all in, in one day. Those in the yard are taken out and up to the shop and stripped as needed to restore others or sell parts.

One part of the building I bet close to 30 GTO's sitting in varying stages of decay or just waiting for someone to take one to restore. Shelves floor to ceiling (20ft high about) full of parts, engines... RA IV's, III's, II's, I's, fenders, etc etc etc .... the building is an orgasm of GTO items and cars.

Here are a few pics inside on the 2nd floor >>
ROYAL BOBCAT >>

HOW MANY REMEMBER THESE >>>>

COMPLETELY ORIGINAL UNRESTORED >>

IRIS MIST ANYONE?? >>

Judge -- What is the name of this place (website, phone number)? I might stop by the next time I'm driving down to my house in South Carolina from Connecticut. Thanks in advance. Forget request, just saw previous post.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
it would shock me if he didn't have a 74. I kind of like the looks of the 74 more than the 73, but I'm in the minority

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts

Now here is something ya don't see too often.... A GTO in miniature in need of a restoration:

[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs025.snc4/33633_453689773826_364318443826_5382166_2433317_n.jpg
That's pretty cool. I've seen stuff like that before. You give a guy that does that kind of work a picture of what your car looked like b/4 the restoration. They then recreate a miniature version. Neat idea........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts