Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I removed my smog pump and ''space ship" and brackets.
The large hole on the left is where incoming air, thru the space ship mixes with exhaust...........ok,
Do I need to plug the hole?
A quarter and some JB weld?
thanks as always

Attachments

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
pontiac beat me to it. Only I forgo the silicone out of personal preference. And I like brass freeze plugs.......Both will work just fine. Factory is a steel plug on cars like mine that never had AIR.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Oh....forgot to add...DO NOT throw your smog stuff away. It is worth $$$$. Believe me, everybody threw this stuff away 40 years ago, and collectors pay big money for it doing restorations. A buddy sold an AIR set up for a '66 tripower CA car about 12 years ago for $1800....and that was THEN.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh....forgot to add...DO NOT throw your smog stuff away. It is worth $$$$. Believe me, everybody threw this stuff away 40 years ago, and collectors pay big money for it doing restorations. A buddy sold an AIR set up for a '66 tripower CA car about 12 years ago for $1800....and that was THEN.
I sure can believe that price. If it had the funky little additional air cleaner for the pump that was unique to the tri-power that alone would account for most of what was paid. I have a original CA car and was fortunate to find a complete pump set up last fall for $75 but of course it came off a four barrel car and didn't have that special air cleaner. I don't plan on using it but at least I have it. Good to hold these types of things in case you ever want to sell the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts