Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been watching my caffeine intake these days, and my latest excuse to drive the car was this morning when I set off to buy a decent cup of coffee without firing up my pot. Couldn’t find a place around town, so I took off for St. Peters, MO where I used to live. I knew where to buy a good cup there.

On the way, I stopped at a Target to pick something up, and headed out near the airfield in the Chesterfield valley. I was just a rolling along near the limit when I see this nice car coming up in the left lane. It was a brand new Jag, and I couldn’t help but have a look. As he passed me, I just chuckled at his plates “1MIL-YR”. Ha ha...from the sour-puss look his wife gave me, I’d say money can’t buy everything!

I’ll keep my wife and my Pontiac. I don’t have a million bucks, but I’m happy.

Gerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Nice story :)

I recently got a semi-kill against a Jag. I don't think it really counts, but I'll tell it anyway.

I was turning left onto this access road that is 3 lanes all going the same direction. This guy in a black Jag convertible made a right turn from the opposite direction onto the same access road. Guy in the jag looked about 45-50, graying dark hair, and a tight smile on his face.

The left lane of the access road merges with the highway a short bit ahead, and I suspected by the speed at which the Jag rounded the corner and started accelerating in the middle lane (I was in the left lane) that he wanted to try to pass me to get in that lane to get into the highway, though passing me would be tight, and there was plenty of room behind me. Of course, I couldn't let that happen ;) I revved the Goat a bit high in the gears, took off, and left the Jag to get behind me. He let off his acceleration, and wouldn't look at me when he passed me on the highway doing 80 in a 65 after we merged. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clueless said:
Nice story :)

I recently got a semi-kill against a Jag. I don't think it really counts, but I'll tell it anyway.
Nice story too! Hey...anytime you flex your muscle and it makes you brighten up the SEG while driving a Goat is a kill to me.

That was a really pretty car. I wish I could remember the model.

You got something against grey hair??? This ole goat is 42, and I've been graying since I was 20. :eek: At least my smile is nothing close to being tight. I think the GTO has effectively erased any frown or worry lines I have.

Gerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
You got something against grey hair??? This ole goat is 42, and I've been graying since I was 20. :eek: At least my smile is nothing close to being tight. I think the GTO has effectively erased any frown or worry lines I have.
:) Not a problem at all. I just mentioned it because it seems like almost every time I see someone driving a Jag convertible, they usually have very similar looks. Like, I don't see people in the 60+ age range, and don't see people in the 40- age range. They are almost always male, and don't dye their hair so if it is graying, it is still graying. Oh well, not like it matters. :D

When it comes to performance, any one who gets some (responsible) grins out of it, that's cool to me. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Clueless said:
:) Not a problem at all. I just mentioned it because it seems like almost every time I see someone driving a Jag convertible, they usually have very similar looks. Like, I don't see people in the 60+ age range, and don't see people in the 40- age range. They are almost always male, and don't dye their hair so if it is graying, it is still graying. Oh well, not like it matters. :D

When it comes to performance, any one who gets some (responsible) grins out of it, that's cool to me. :)
Funny, I've only seen one goat and one Roush Mustang this year, both driven by little old men that looked to me to be 65+ - - -I'm 52, brown hair that getting slightly salt & pepper but more gray at the temples, so I guess I fit into your mold ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clueless said:
:) Not a problem at all. I just mentioned it because it seems like almost every time I see someone driving a Jag convertible, they usually have very similar looks. Like, I don't see people in the 60+ age range, and don't see people in the 40- age range. They are almost always male, and don't dye their hair so if it is graying, it is still graying. Oh well, not like it matters. :D

When it comes to performance, any one who gets some (responsible) grins out of it, that's cool to me. :)
I was just messin' with ya', and gray on black works fine for me ;-) Besides, I agree with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Speaking of cars whose owners are atypical...

I hit up Beef O Brady's here in the Tampa area pretty often and there's a 00-04 Roush stage 2 Mustang parked outside every time I go.

Finally asked whose it was last week and was extremely surprised to find out it was the cutest little waitress in the place.

And no, it wasn't her boyfriends either. She knew the stats and could talk the car talk all day long. God I love a car chick....

I'm in love..... Even though she is a Rustang owner :D
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top