Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm 21, and since I was probably 5 or so years old, I haven't been to church, nor have I cracked a Bible. But tonight, one of my friends invited me to his youth group from 7-9 PM. I went, not exactly sure what to expect. But, WOW, what an experience. I've never had a feeling like I did tonight. For one, I'm almost always nervous about going to any big gatherings where I don't know anyone. But when I walked in, I felt calm, not nervous, which is weird for me. By the end of the night, I had a feeling I can't explain, nor have I EVER - and I mean EVER - felt.

The speaker also really opened by eyes. Ya, sure, before I believed that there is a God. I mean, I have a whole new perspective of everything.

But after tonight, it's not just believing, I mean... I've never felt the feeling I got, but maybe I felt Him? I don't know... it was definately... strange... in a very GOOD way.

I've always believed in a God, but after tonight, it's at a whole different level, and not because of what they said (they just opened my eyes onto new perspective of things), but it was this whole unexplainable feeling I got by the end, which really started when I allowed myself to open up about halfway through the music...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Good for you man.
I have been Catholic for 17 years and rarely miss mass. It's been a very good 17 years and I owe everthing I have to God and the tallents he gave me.:cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The power of fellowship is what you experienced.

I've been helping with Habitat for Humanity. They are a Christian Charity and start off with prayer and the group is mostly Church people helping those less fortunate. Like you said there is a great feeling from fellowship. We talk the Bible and life and God while we pound nails, it's great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my GTO about 2 weeks ago and have been reading everything I can about them. My wife just walked by and when she saw I was on this forum, again, she said "is that all you think about". Thanks for the post. Scott.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts