Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok someone I could use a little help figuring this out

Trying to work a deal on an 04 yellow A4

With my truck as trade-in total more or less would be $25,730 including tax, tags and other fees. With a rate of around 8% to 9% for 72 months how is the dealer figuring around the $500.00 mark. For instance I use e-loan's payment calculator and choose the fair credit level rating just for craps and giggles its shows me $464/month and I know my credit is in the good to excellent range but chose the worst just to be sure. Does not make any sense to me. I wondering if its better to walk in with my own financing from e-loan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
$25,730 for 72 months and close to 12% interest means $500 a month. If that is what they are charging, you definitely need to get your own financing. The e-loan rate of a little over 6% will save you about $75 a month.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that makes sense what idiots 12% that is with herendous credit. I got them down to 22600 from 24900 I think this is decent for a 9k mile car. I just need them to do a little better on my truck. Anyone ever dealt with E-Loan ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Some dealers also add fees. My dealer charged my $200 for Etching the Vin on the window. They said they do that to all there cars. I didn't care that much because I really wanted the car. Find out what all the miscellaneous fees that they are adding, and you maybe surprised.

·
Registered
210 Posts
C5ORGTO said:
Some dealers also add fees. My dealer charged my $200 for Etching the Vin on the window. They said they do that to all there cars. I didn't care that much because I really wanted the car. Find out what all the miscellaneous fees that they are adding, and you maybe surprised.
I don't think I would have paid the fee for that, if they balked at dropping it, I would have walked. Chances are you would have made it about 4 feet from the desk and they would have forgotten that charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.