Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Wow. Yes, you are going to hell, Eric, but you'll have a nice ride the whole way! Seriously, all the stock remote mirror joysticks I've had kind of canted out at the bottom, just a bit. Some worse than others. I think to negate it entirely the door panel would need a stiffener behind the joystick opening, like a piece of sheet steel or aluminum. To distribute the load. The original set-up leaves something to be desired, and the panel is not very stout. You can fab up a stiffening plate, probably!!

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The panels were made for me by Billy at Wabbit's Woodworking in Texas, so were the wood inserts. The billet handles are from Al's car Parts (available from Wabbits)......the blank panels were upholstery matched (color, texture) then covered by BOB & STU at A&B Upholstery, Baldwin N.Y.....I did the designing, thinkin' and worrying.....almost redy for pick up!! Thanks, E:cheers:party:

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back seat install.

I felt well enough to go to the Upholstery shop today...the guys are coming down the homestretch!! The trunk will be getting 2 10" woofers, a 600watt amp and a 100x4watt per channel amp for the 4 main speakers...Ultraleather sides, with a matching carpet 'flat floor'...:party:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Jet! I am feeling a little better each day......and that's no race car..SUNDAY DRIVER....BURGER NIGHT.......Grocery GETTER....! :party: ERIC

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My interior is "basically "finished......the trunk parts are all made and test fitted, then removed for AMP and woofer install, and ease of wiring". Didn't get a chance for any pics:( sorry...the car is now at "Don's East Coast Restoration" getting a 4 wheel alignment, and a big, fat, stainless steel exhaust system....prolly about a 2 week turn around!:party:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts