Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran the Z28 into work on Friday.

I head down a nice 4 lane divided highway that at 6 am doesn't have much traffic. It's got several traffic lights and I stopped at one and a car that I though was a BMW pulled up behind me. It was dark and I really didn't pay too much attention to it.

I took off quick and he did the same and I eased through the three cars in front of me. He followed.

As soon as we got past the slow traffic I steppd down a bit and saw him change lanes and get on it. I did the same.

I held him off from 40 to about 70 and might have gotten a bit of an advantage.

There was some traffic and he moved in behind me. At this point he was still headlights, but I was begining to think it was another car and not a BMW.

We got past traffic and went at it again from a 55 roll at about 80 he started slowly coming up on me. I could hear the exhaust and could see it was a GTO. By 100 we evened up and we ran all the way up to 140 ish. He got me by about 6-8 car lengths.

We ran a couple more times from a roll. My car seemed stronger in the lower speed points from 20 or 30 to about 60 where we evened up and over 80 he had a definate advantage.

Not sure what kind of exhaust he had but it sounded great. It was real loud from behind, I'm thinking he might have had headers.

We went different directions before I had a chance to talk to him. We shall meet again I'm sure. Maybe this time I'll have the Vette and he can see what it's like to watch the other guys tailights slowly pull away. LOL

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the good thing is that you lost to a goat. :cheers
The guy had temporary tags on it, so it's new to him. I was hoping to tell him about the forum, but we didn't get a chance to talk at all.

I'm taking the Vette to work tommorrow in hopes of seeing him.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The guy had temporary tags on it, so it's new to him. I was hoping to tell him about the forum, but we didn't get a chance to talk at all.

I'm taking the Vette to work tommorrow in hopes of seeing him.
Good luck hope you find him and tell him about the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts