Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this place and wanted to educate myself about my '68 GTO convertible which I just started restoring it, it has been in my garage for almost 30 years (since 1980) and I finally decided to restore it.

My first step was to take it apart, I started by the engine bay and front fenders and when I came to the interior I got my first hurdle, the driver's seat, it's a power seat and everything is so jammed and rusted to the point that I cant move it forward to reach the two rear nuts, I've spent the whole yesterday evening just trying to take that seat apart with no success! .. what do you usually do in that case???

I'll try to post some pics soon.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i had to mess with the same thing. just take your time with a standard wrench and slowly get it loose. once loose, spray a little wd-40 and wiggle back and forth until it's finger loose. then just spin off the nut.

congrats on the decision! 68's are getting more and more love here on the board!! :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't the bolts go through the floor? If so use the acytelene torch to heat the body nut from under the car. After it cools it should come out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the information, I finally was able to remove that seat, I managed to start the motor and brought the seat forward to reach the bolts.

I will start with the dash now, wish me luck! :willy:

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
68Resto-mod, now that's some serious restoration job! .. I've been through all the pictures and I could feel the amount and the quality of the work you are doing over there, congratulations and keep up the good work :cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts