Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I can't remember the name of them.
When I bought them online I thought they were going to have a deeper lip but overall I'm happy with the aggressive look they have.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next thing I wanted to do was drop it a inch but I think the wheels might be a little to wide to drop it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There not stock tires but stock size for 17's. I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go look right now:)
245/45/17 I think

42mm offset.

I'm really thinking of dropping it an inch or 2. Maybe going with a 40 series but wider, maybe a 255 or so when I get a new set of tires.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I just seen that the link didn't work.
But one set drops about 1 inch in front and .8 in back

The other drops
1.4 in front and 1.3 in back

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wheel dimensions

Offset: 42mm
Backspacing: 5.90"
Bolt Pattern: 5-120
Rec. Tire Size:245/45-17
Weight: 21.4lbs.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
With that big of a drop you'd need shocks specifically for big drops. ¾" (20mm) drop is the limit for standard shocks and IMHO gives a nice stance. Once you go past that the shocks need changing, you run into camber problems and you lose precious travel. There's only about 2¼"-2½" travel at stock height. Taking half that away either gives you a bump stop ride or you need springs that are too stiff for everyday driving. I really like my Lovells 20mm drops. They are stiffer than stock but not too much. Really stiff springs give nice control on a flat race track but make the car hop on street bumps.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thank you!

I'm glad I asked before buying them. will 20mm make a difference in appearance?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts