Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1967 GTO over the weekend. Montreaux Blue, Parchment interior, 400- 4bbl- his/hers -factory AC that works- Rallye ones very nice shape,,, I will try to post some pics.. I need some advice : I would like to add disc brakes...fronts at first, rears soon, the car is now 4 wheel drum with 14" Rallye 1 wheels (I don't know if they are "real" or repro)....What do I need and who's product should I buy??? As always, thanx for the responses.
Eric P.S. In the last pic, I am the old fat Dude, not the short hairy one!!!!:party:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Eric,

I purchased my 4 wheel disc conversion package from Direct Fit Brakes.

Some things to consider when doing this conversion would be to change all bushings front and rear, upper and lower ball joints as well as the bearings and seals in the differential. You will have to pull the axles to remove the rear drum backing plates.

Any questions feel free to ask, Beautiful GTO!

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
I purchased a 1967 GTO over the weekend. Montreaux Blue, Parchment interior, 400- 4bbl- his/hers -factory AC that works- Rallye ones very nice shape,,, I will try to post some pics.. I need some advice : I would like to add disc brakes...fronts at first, rears soon, the car is now 4 wheel drum with 14" Rallye 1 wheels (I don't know if they are "real" or repro)....What do I need and who's product should I buy??? As always, thanx for the responses.
Eric P.S. In the last pic, I am the old fat Dude, not the short hairy one!!!!:party:
Hey Eric!
The car looks great!
Don't know if you have a copy, but first on your list should be picking up the GTO Restoration Guide. Tons of info and useful diagrams.
As far as the disc brake conversion, another place to check out would be PST,
Performance Suspension Technology

I bought all my poly suspension stuff from them and they are a good company to work with.

Have a great time with is. Glad you found something to stir your soul! :cool

Russ :cheers

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice car Eric. I put on disc brakes from Stainless Steel Brake Company (SSBC). They have several options and were very helpful when I told them what I wanted to do as far as wheels. As mentioned earlier, you might as well replace anything in your front end that looks worn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very, very nice car. I was watching that one on EBay last week. It didn't sell - you must have really worked the seller over after the sale. Congrats!!!

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Nice ride!!! What's the story with the Racoon, pet?:confused
Beautiful ride!!! Congrats! Reference to Racoon, atleast it is night time that photo was taken:willy: I thought the animal of the GTO was a Tiger, not a racoon! Hee Hee

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Officially it's the Tiger, at least that's the animal that was in some of the adds way back when. We all know that the true animal of the GTO is the Goat. Never hurts to throw in a little of the demonic...:eek:

Beautiful ride!!! Congrats! Reference to Racoon, atleast it is night time that photo was taken:willy: I thought the animal of the GTO was a Tiger, not a racoon! Hee Hee

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The raccoon is my friend. I found him when he was a baby (mother killed by a car). I raised him until he was fully grown (35 lbs)...He now lives in a near by State Park. His name is Russell, be nice to him or he will nest in your garage....Be afraid, be very afraid.......

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:eek::eek:
The raccoon is my friend. I found him when he was a baby (mother killed by a car). I raised him until he was fully grown (35 lbs)...He now lives in a near by State Park. His name is Russell, be nice to him or he will nest in your garage....Be afraid, be very afraid.......
;):rolleyes:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Afraid

If I found that in my garage, peeking around the goat, I would scream like a little B$&%@! Then run like [email protected]&$! lookin' for my piece!:willy:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
He is actually pretty friendly.....and loves marshmallows!!

cool next encounter with one ill pull out the marshmellows. I love em too. But on a serious not its cool, I love animals. I have a yellow lab and two domestic short hair cats. Actually one cat is mixed with a bob cat. The tips of its ears, the ear hair is long and pointed but he has a full tail unlike some bob cats.:cheers Ex-hunter too, believe it or not.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, but is he a ROYAL BOBCAT ?? I have 1 chocolate Lab, 4 cats, 1 raccoon,1 rabbit, 2 chickens, 1 turtle....................and 1 goat:cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts