Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
Jesus! I had mine up to 145 on I-75 and I though I was honkin. 165! Damn.
I may have been exceeding the speed limit just a little, that was on one of my runs against one of my customers M3's. I have to try very hard not to do that to often, my driving record will finaly be clear again in October if I can manage to keep my food out of the gas.

·
Registered
937 Posts
GTO676 said:
I-75 is crazy as hell I hope it was late at night.......
Not sure if it was exactly I-75. You know when you are SB over the skyway, after passing the NB tolls on your left you come to that fork, 2 lanes left to 75, 2 lanes right to your town. After you take the 2 left lanes, there is that beautiful, long straight shot for a couple miles before it actually merges into 75, with only 1 lone overpass and you can see everything, no where for the boys in blue to hide on you. About 7PM and nobody else in front...... I couldnt resist. I had the windows down and at 145 the wind noise was quite loud. Its funny, at around 120 the sound of the car changes. Gets that sort of "air rushing over the fuselage" sound to it, and that about all you hear.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
So it's probably safe to say that the '05 goat will do at least 170? Today AOL had an article on the '05 GTO and there was a statement that alleged that the '05s had an extra 10 to 15 mph of top end speed over the '04s. I guess I'll just have to find an open road, I mean race track, to confirm that allegation :D .

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 05 A4 and I plan on modding it with a higher stall converter, which will put me way ahead of an M6 with the same HP.
I own a few dumptrucks that I hate driving...I'm certainly not going to shift gears when I get in my car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's really surprising that an automatic is faster than a manual in a quarter mile when everything else is equal. Just doesn't sound like it was launched right or something (wheelhop :confused ).

As for I-75, one of the greatest stretches of road is Alligator Alley!! I got a great lesson on that road.

At 140, the front end of a stock Z28 gets squirrelly :eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.