Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im about to tear her apart to install some speakers and a amp any help would be appriciated...... :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
what kind of help you need? I cant turn the screwdriver for ya but can advise as best I can.

First off, disconnect the battery!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking for someone that has done it allready.. so they might give me a heads up on the problems they ran into, such as the way the wire were run from the factory, any funky australian conectors, or interior clips,ect ??? if adding a new amp and speakers signifigently helped ??sometimes the problem is in the head unit????

B

·
0 Posts
oh, my bad, my apologies.

I will walk on out this thread and make room for others.

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts
Sent you a PM:cheers

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts
Sorry...no

·
0 Posts
i gutted my interior of my gto 4 times 2 with the black gto one time install 1 time deinstall after it got totaled 1 time with install on the silver gto and after i swaped interiors,not a diffcult task the door speakers trim out the rear plastic half moon use the oem plastic piece the quarder panel speakers are easy as well the rear deck speakers are a pain to get out need a itty bitty screw driver as for the connectors i never really looked i ran all new wires to all my stuff alpine components are awsome, :cool

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i like the alpine head units with the speaker delay{incredible sound !!}and JL speakers... :cheers

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts
Definitely JL! All my splits are JL. I have an Eclipse in-dash DVD flip-out. All components inside are powered by JL. Sounds incredible!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have 2 pairs of JL xr650csi for the gto..i am going to try to keep the stock head unit ???not sure on the amp?? i have a few laying around... :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
25x2 at 4 ohm
50x2 at 2 ohm
100x2 at 1 ohm
200x2 at .5 ohm
400x1 at .25 ohm (perfect for when I had it running 8 12's)

I paid $400 for it brand new so lets open negotiations at $125

1 - 20 of 25 Posts