Pontiac GTO Forum banner

about to tear the gto apart

3K views 24 replies 2 participants last post by  big_mike 
#1 ·
well im about to tear her apart to install some speakers and a amp any help would be appriciated...... :cheers

#3 ·
i was looking for someone that has done it allready.. so they might give me a heads up on the problems they ran into, such as the way the wire were run from the factory, any funky australian conectors, or interior clips,ect ??? if adding a new amp and speakers signifigently helped ??sometimes the problem is in the head unit????

G
#11 ·
i gutted my interior of my gto 4 times 2 with the black gto one time install 1 time deinstall after it got totaled 1 time with install on the silver gto and after i swaped interiors,not a diffcult task the door speakers trim out the rear plastic half moon use the oem plastic piece the quarder panel speakers are easy as well the rear deck speakers are a pain to get out need a itty bitty screw driver as for the connectors i never really looked i ran all new wires to all my stuff alpine components are awsome, :cool

#15 ·
Definitely JL! All my splits are JL. I have an Eclipse in-dash DVD flip-out. All components inside are powered by JL. Sounds incredible!

G
#21 ·
not many amps can handle that kind of load. Orion is known for it and my amp in particular was banned from IASCA competition because you could enter the 0-50 watt class and actually put out 400! Hence them naming it the cheater amp.

Of course, you dont really NEED a 4 channel amp as with the right wiring, you can run an entire system off a 2 channel amp and all you lose is front to rear fading...

G
#23 ·
nope, I scored a 34 out of a possible 40 with that amp, and had this one sole amp running 22 speakers. It also did a best of 142db in a sound-off. Sounded better than the factory system, never overheated, and I wired the entire thing myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.