Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got my 2005 Gto and everthing seems to check out OK except for my "abs fault traction control off" pops up randomly. Its not every time I turn the car on, and will either come up right away or after driving for a little while. I do notice any thing happening so any thoughts? Maybe rear sensor or something? New to this platform anything helps thanks.

All stock no mods

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I read the other thread about this, but the car had other variables to consider being that his was modified.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Its a very simple system. Its not a stability control. The traction controls relies only on info from the wheel speed sensors. If one of them is faulty you loose both TC and ABS. In your case you lose both at the same time so i am pretty sure its a sensor.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
It could also be the MAF cable connection. You could try popping the plug off it it to inspect the connectors and firmly replug it back together. Loss of the MAF signal can cause that

·
Registered
3 Posts
It could also be the MAF cable connection. You could try popping the plug off it it to inspect the connectors and firmly replug it back together. Loss of the MAF signal can cause that
Why would that affect it? My maf sensor throw a code after changing to headers and now my traction control is shut off as well????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts