Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 A4 yellow gto and today with the ac on driving around the city seems like it didnt have a responsive getty up power is this normal even on our goats like other cars where the ac puts a noticeable drag on the engine?

Or could it be that i just found out it needs a new front rubber drive shaft coupler also called flex rubber disc. its not shredded but it has cracks all the way around. the rear one close to the diff looks good.

I have a gm certified 1 year warranty n taking it to dealer next week sometime are those rubber discs replaceble or does the dealer need to replace the whole drive unit with all those rubber couplers?

Also i hear a loose clunking in the drive line somewhere im not sure if that bad front rubber coupler is cause so much play at low speeds when acclerating n decelerating from braking n gassing it. It kind of seems like the play n noise is at the diff area, maybe it needs a diff or those side axle geras are messed up huh? thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes the ac does make a noticable difference when you floor it it is harder to tell but when you are just cruisin only light throttle changes I notice a difference

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I believe the ECU turns off the A/C compressor at WOT.
As far as the rubber couplers, some dealers claim you
have to buy a complete driveshaft to get them, but a dealer
I called had them separate for about $220 ea.

Larry

·
Registered
505 Posts
The a/c also adds a lot of heat to the engine bay which will cause more timing to be pulled. I do believe the computer cuts out the compressor under wot. I had a 92 Grand Prix and under wot the blower motor would cut out also. The air would stop blowing out of the vents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts