Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at 8 am today after dropping my son off at school. Some how the throttle stuck wide open as I was turning. To quick to recover before the curb and a small tree. Damage to the front isn't too bad. Enduro bumper maybe toast. Chipped the paint where it hit the fender. Passenger rim shot, wheel pushed back an inch. Here is where I am worried. Have the car at the shop waiting to hear back. Will upload pictures soon

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
So sorry to hear this! Glad you and your son are OK though, that is what important. Car can be fixed. Any idea what caused the throttle to stick?

I had a Holley carb stick on me once and the results were disastrous, to say the least. :nopity:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I wrecked my first car ('66 GTO) when the throttle stuck wide open (jury-rigged throttle cable on the tripower). It was a bad deal. Good thing nobody got hurt in your case, and let's hope the frame isn't tweaked. I have gone over my throttle linkages with a fine tooth comb ever since, and haven't had a problem. Expensive lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been waiting to replace intake carb and all linkages, parts have been delayed so I wonder if. Car wise lower control arm bent both tie rods broke. Enduro bumper is saved. Body guy says he can fix paint no problem. So not as bad as it could have been personally and financially

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry to hear that but glad every ones ok. I was in a 6 car pileup and tore up the front and rear end of my 57 Chevy. No one was hurt until I got out, punched my hood and sprained my hand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts