Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Hire Customer Service Representatives that aren't allergic to the phone.

i.e. If they set up a window in which they will give you a call back they should give you the call back. This isn't a cable company!!!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
2) Establish Holden/HSV as a brand names in the U.S. under the GM umbrella- market it toward Euro sport market. Keep GMNA designers the hell away from the Australian product.

3) Work behind the scenes to expedite the implosion / further irrelevancy of the UAW.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hire someone from Dodge to show you how to build cars people want and sell the hell out of them. Ugly or not, Dodge sells the holy hell out of thier cars. And they are experts at stuffing the biggest damned HEMI engines in just about everything they sell, if thats your bag.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
a. When you receive an order, red flag that order as HOT, sequence the order, build the order in a timely fashion. Ship the order. Get the Customs bureaucratic red tape straightened out. Shorten the 5-6 month order time span.

b. Make the PAYING customer a high priority, not back seat to showroom orders that are placed AFTER a customer places his/her order first.

c. Keep the customer updated automatically via a customer's choice of communication, WITHOUT making the customer badger the salesperson on a placed order. i.e. a web site that you can track your order similar to the way UPS tracks packages. Is this too much to ask?

d. Empower your Customer Relations People to make decisions that will satisfy reasonable requests of customers.

e. NOTIFY CAR OWNERS OF SERVICE BULLETINS THAT ARE PUT OUT, WITHOUT CUSTOMERS LEARNING OF SERVICE BULLETINS VIA 3RD PARTY.

f. Give your Service Writers a 3 strike warning rule. If they fail to satisfy a customer with a concern that keeps the vehicle in the shop for the same complaint for a set time, or inconveniences a customer to bring the vehicle back for 3 repeated complaints.... demote that person to the courtesy van driver.

My fingers are tired :eek:

·
Registered
674 Posts
1. Bring customer service back in house. Subcontracted morons that dont give a rats ass about customer's safety or satisfaction directly impacts future business.

If the above is implemented, and the people in customer service have a vested interest in the outcome and repeat business the world will be a much better place, and the rest will fall into place.

2. Loaner cars. I have to drop my car off to get the seat rail fixed. to get to my office I either rent a car for $50 to drive 15 miles or take a few hours off. If after waitng an hour my car isnt touched, I am taking it back and saying screw GM! I will return the car at the end of the three year smartbuy with bad seat rails etc. and go elsewhere for my next car. As much as i like the car, the purpose of an "appointment" is not get there and wait in line!! Gimme a friggin car off the used car lot. I just want to get to work and get my car back later. i bought the car from a dealer 40 miles from home and 20 from my office. six weeks for a part, well, my work situation changed, etc. now i need the car because i commute instead of take the train.

Everyone I speak to that wont buy GM or domestic abandoned the domestics because of either a lousy customer service experience or the story of lousy customer service. problem cars that were repaired quickly didnt chase people away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.