Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice on the driver's wiper there is a fin to deflect air over the windsheild. I noticed there wasnt one on the passenger's side. I decided that this was because all on the bottom of the windsheild there is an air deflector it looks like. The place where the arm for the passenger's arm goes in there isnt this air deflector and a hole. So they put a fin on the drivers. Am i correct in this assumption, or did someone just steal the other fin off my other wiper.

-Frank

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think those deflectors are on there to keep the wiper from lifting off when going at higher speeds. At 70mph my truck wiper tends not to wipe cleanly because of the wind hitting it - I think it could use that deflector.

·
Registered
386 Posts
GaryBro said:
I think those deflectors are on there to keep the wiper from lifting off when going at higher speeds. At 70mph my truck wiper tends not to wipe cleanly because of the wind hitting it - I think it could use that deflector.
Yes, its there to make the wiper stay against the windshield at higher speeds and in high wind, to keep your visibility clear. Passenger doesn't need to see as clearly through the windshield.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id still think thats because there are deflectors infront of the passenger side wiper already. I think the driver's one is exposed and they had to add it. Take a look. Mine is sitting at home under about 6"'s of snow, didnt dare drive it to work today, borrowed a car :).

-Frank

·
Registered
386 Posts
fffernan said:
Id still think thats because there are deflectors infront of the passenger side wiper already. I think the driver's one is exposed and they had to add it. Take a look. Mine is sitting at home under about 6"'s of snow, didnt dare drive it to work today, borrowed a car :).

-Frank
But I'm talking when the wipers are on, the one on the drivers side moves with the wiper, to make a nice clear windshield at high speeds. The passenger doesn't need it, so those are permanently mounted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya i see what your saying, Id like to see a windtunnel test to see where the air goes. Anyone got some chalk dust and a really large fan?

-Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts