Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
431.0 rwhp, 391.9 rwtq
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the tune done today on my install.

On my 2004 A4, The following was just installed: AFR 205 heads, EDC cam, 90 Fast intake manifold and Nick Williams TB, Ported LS6 Oil pump and Rollmaster double linked timing set as well as new Plugs and wires in sig below.

I'll start with the final number: 431.0 rwhp 391.9 rwtq

Needless to say EDC came through just as advertised, This is not a big cam but adding it to the AFRs brought big numbers.

Now to see how far this install brought me. The following graph has my last install from September 2005. For That tune I added my Kook LTs, Borla Exhaust and LPE CAI. Same dyno and tuner. The max run was only 318.7 and 337.1
This install brought me an increase of 112.3 rwhp and 54.8 rwtq

The following graph is my run from today as well as my final run from September.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Verrrrrry nice!
Now we need VIDEO of a huuuuge, tire-shredding burnout. ;)

·
431.0 rwhp, 391.9 rwtq
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May have some video to show from the big GTO meet April 24th at Norwalk. I'll at least have some 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
95 Posts
03xtreme said:
edysinger

Do i know you from another forum possibly...
(sorry for jacking the topic)

-Hammer from Mys10.com GMtruckforum.org and what used to be s10planet or sicgmtrucks.com
Yes, mys10.com I visited a lot while I was building my 4.3 S10 (I still have it). Bought a GTO in November and that's been my main project so I haven't been sticking my nose into the S10 forums lately.

·
431.0 rwhp, 391.9 rwtq
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a custom grind by Ed Curtis of FlowTech Induction 224/228 600/600 114 +4...very stealthy as I asked.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those specs tell you how well he matched the cam to the flow capabilities of the heads. To my thinking, the balance between the duration and lift combined with the 144 lobe centers for high flowing heads is very well done, but I guess the dyno numbers show it. The valve springs were changed at some point, right?

·
431.0 rwhp, 391.9 rwtq
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kerno said:
Those specs tell you how well he matched the cam to the flow capabilities of the heads. To my thinking, the balance between the duration and lift combined with the 144 lobe centers for high flowing heads is very well done, but I guess the dyno numbers show it. The valve springs were changed at some point, right?
AFR's came fully assembled. It has a 1.290" OD Hydraulic Valve Spring with dampener, 130 lbs. on seat, .600: maximum lift

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.