Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have experience with aftermarket pulley & bracket systems for their pontiacs? I am in need of a matching alt & pwr steer setup for my 72 400 (66 gto) and am thinking this could be a good way to go.

Pontiac V-Belt Pulley System (350-400, 428 & 455)

I am not going for a complete factory look under the hood, and thought this could add a little functional bling, assuming they function without too much hassel...

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
hey, i would stick to the stock setup the motor should have. there are too many crucial factors involved in a motors belt and pulleys system. ames sells stock replacement pulley sets.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No experience with that brand set up....Billet Specialties Tru-Trac is sweet but expen$ive. Eric
Wow, those are nice! Unfortunetly takes up about 1/2 of my engine budget! As I look at options, I am leaning back to factory brackets/accessories to keep the stock look. I remind myself that if I wanted a "new" look & ride, I would have purchased a 2012 Camaro, not a 46 year old car! Would not have cost a whole lot more... :)

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Check out the billet aluminum pulleys from Ram Air Restoration. You can get them in "aluminum" or black finish. They're quality pieces and might be a good compromise between stock and a full-on custom system.

Bear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts