Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Dbl-Din Kenwood HD radio with separate HD receiver. Will the receiver fit behind the radio and will the station still appear on the instrument cluster? Thanks and take care, Chuck

·
Registered
738 Posts
It might But most likey Not. You wll need din tools to get the radio out. IT will not Show songs on the cluster. Your best for that type of system is to Bput behind the whole Ceter conlse.

Rempve the center consle and place it under the arm rest or the gove box.

I have a new Dbl-Din Kenwood HD radio with separate HD receiver. Will the receiver fit behind the radio and will the station still appear on the instrument cluster? Thanks and take care, Chuck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it won't show songs, but the original radio shows the station or CD track. My question is will the aftermarket show the same? The HD receiver is 4" by 6" by 1.5" and the radio is 6.5" deep. So you would probably need the radio area to be at least 9" deep for all to fit. Does this help?

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
I know it won't show songs, but the original radio shows the station or CD track. My question is will the aftermarket show the same? The HD receiver is 4" by 6" by 1.5" and the radio is 6.5" deep. So you would probably need the radio area to be at least 9" deep for all to fit. Does this help?
I installed a Kenwood DDX512 and there wasn't much room behind it. I had to keep adjusting the wires behind it for it to fit right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you lose the station/CD display on the Instrument Cluster. Also, how about the radio functions on the steering wheel? Thanks, Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts