Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i'm just curious what kind of spark plugs everyone is runnin and if you saw much of a change with them.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
BlueBomber said:
hey everyone i'm just curious what kind of spark plugs everyone is runnin and if you saw much of a change with them.
NGK TR55s and MSD 10mm wires, swapped out at 50k miles.

Can't say I've noticed any difference....just a maintenance thang.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I was talking to a guy at a speed shop about this. He said do you think GM would spend the $10 a plug that it costs for iridium plugs if there wasn't a benefit over the $3 copper plugs. The extra cost to GM for those plugs for just the 2005 GTO is $672,000. For the C6 it is $2,128,000 for plugs for just the 2005 model year. He did add that if you radically changed the engine, heads, cam etc... there would probably be a better plug. If you use nitrous there definately is better plugs.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Groucho said:
NGK TR55s and MSD 10mm wires, swapped out at 50k miles.

Can't say I've noticed any difference....just a maintenance thang.
I did notice a difference on the @ss dyno. quicker lift of front. better throttle response. I put the TR55's and Taylor 10mm's

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
westell said:
I did notice a difference on the @ss dyno. quicker lift of front. better throttle response. I put the TR55's and Taylor 10mm's
You maybe right-- I haven't really noticed a big enough difference to say- "Woah."

And I don't want to know how one goes about calibrating a butt dyno, thenk yew veddy much. :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input guys i put new long tube headers on yesterday and since it is a royal PIA to change the plugs after headers are installed i put some TR55's in. man i like the way she runs and sounds. time for a dyno.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Ight someone please explain to me how to do a new post on here...
You meen thread? A post is what you just made here, a thread would be a whole new set of posts with a name (title) you sellect. Go to the forums section you want to post your new thread in, and then at the top of the page is a "New Topic" button, press that, make your post and name it, and start your new thread! :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts