Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one having problems with this aggressive Dell Ad???...I hit the "X" to close and it immediately re-opens blocking some of the content of the thread I have opened...
I looked for a section to just send this to a Moderator but didn't find it other than this section...if this is improper, feel free to delete...
Thanks,

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's strange as I have pop up blocker AND do a spyware scan religiously...I see it at the top of the page under Wretched Motor Sports and at the bottom under "add a reply"...
I will run another scan and clear the cookies to see if this helps...
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have any other IE windows open besides this site?
Nope...running FireFox...just erased the cookies...checked Spybot Search and destroy...and it is still here...
it is an advertising box reading left to right:
Intel Core 2 Duo...The New Ispiron 15...the price...Dell...when I roll the cursor over it going fromt he top of the page to the bottom...it grows into a larger banner with an "X" in the upper right corner...when you "X" it to close...it closes and then opens again...I have it at the top and at the bottom of the page...this is not a GTO Forum ad???

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give that a try...I haven't ever had this here or any other website this morning...thanks....
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very strange...re-boot and after checking the new posts...there it is again...I'm shutting the 'puter down again and will check from my work computer to see if it's there as well...I'll report back...thanks for the help.
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright...been checking from the work computer for a short while now and just see the usual ebay, Wretched Motorsports etc...must be the home computer...I re-booted at home to no avail and am running a spy-bot search and destroy for it...I run AVG and Zone Alarm too...no warnings...hopefully that will be it...
Thanks guys and sorry for the trouble...
Bill

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Bill,

If you have more problems download and run Super Ad Blocker . There is a free trial to see if your computer is infected.

I use Windows Live One Care on several of my computers as a firewall, virus and spyware protection. One license can be used on 3 computers. In my opinion it is better than AVG and some of the other spyware programs. I like Spy-Bot and use it in addition to Windows Live One Care.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the help...'preciated...:cheers
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think that was what I was experiencing...came home from work and had run a spybot search and destry...found nothing but I haven't gotten the Dell ad or any others do what that one was doing this morning...cleared the cookies again...

Thanks guys for the help and feedback!

Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts