Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RANT ON: Man I am pissed, I just found out that Moroso discontinued the gold andodized air cleaner and valve covers. Now I have to go on some extensive frickin interweb search and distroy mission that could take God knows how long. I guess that's what I get for waiting so many years to resto my car. Used to be able to get gold Crager super trick wheels too, no more. RANT OFF

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Hmmmmm. I have a gold Moroso air cleaner and a couple of valve cover breathers. I just went out in the garage and looked at them. I saw on the cover there is a approx 1" long dent/crease like depression above the 1st "O". So it's not perfect. May be able to take it out.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks pisn, but I am looking for the 14" dia. air cleaner. I think I finally found one. A lot of the websites show them, but when you contact they say they are out of them. The valve covers were a little easier to find.
68Greengoat, thanks but I want new shiny ones.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Man, I loved Moroso covers back in the day, then they came out with the red and blue ones, awesome. But the anodyzing didn't last, probably why it's harder to find now. I don't even like chrome anymore, rusts. I like aluminum because you can always bring it back with a buffer and polish. Just my .02..
If you find the gold Cragars def post a pic, those would be too cool!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They haven't made those Cragers for probably 15 years, the gold would peel off after a while so they discontinued them. I ordered an air cleaner yesterday, then they sent me an email telling me the order was cancelled. Maybe I should just buy chrome and powder coat it gold. Woo hoo more money.
68Greengoat, what condition is the air cleaner you have? Got a pic?

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
It's in great conditon except for that one blemish I described. Give me a chance to clean up a little dust and get some pics up today.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts