Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question here. From the air cleaner a hose goes into the hole on the valve cover, do i need to have one connected, two, or both closed, or can i add two k&n oil filters on both sides?

Thanks...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Yes, that is a crank case vent tube. Installed correctly, it would run to your air cleaner and through a fiber filter. Matt

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
In Costa Rica, probably legal to run open breathers on the valve covers. Factory was as Matthew mentioned, but vented will run the same. Just don't close them both up. Normally, one valve cover is closed and the other has a vent. That's plenty.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Original set up would be the best in my opinion, if you have the parts. Right side valve cover with vent tube hole, vent tube, air cleaner assembly and crank case vent filter. Matt

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow guys, apparently the tubing etc. From the air cleaner to the valve cover is missing. Glad it is in my garage now and no one else can touch it anymore. Can anyone please give me a link or a list of the parts that I'll need like the grommet etc.? Dammit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Sure. Look at the Ames Performance catalog. Parts you need to make this work are:
Valve Cover Grommet (N220A)
Vent Pipe (N178)
Crankcase Vent Filter (N212CK)
Crankcase Vent Filter Clip (N212CL)
Vent Pipe Filter Hose (N178F)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts