Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting an '06 GTO LS2 into my '40 Chevy. Because of clearance problems between the engine and the radiator, I can't use the tube the MAF is attached to. I removed the tube and installed the MAF directly to the throttle body. My question is this... Is there a filter, probably a cone type, that will attach onto the MAF? Or, is this a bad idea? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
A Pic. of your set-up would be helpful.

There are numerous cone filters available in different sizes, just not sure about the clearance between the TB and radiator. Also, heat soak might become an issue…:)

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I just finished putting an '06 GTO LS2 into my '40 Chevy. Because of clearance problems between the engine and the radiator, I can't use the tube the MAF is attached to. I removed the tube and installed the MAF directly to the throttle body. My question is this... Is there a filter, probably a cone type, that will attach onto the MAF? Or, is this a bad idea? Thanks for any help.
You can do it, you might need a filter with a 4" id opening. It's a stright shot so no worries on throwing codes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
if you do it that way you are going to get serous heat soak
if you have enough room for a pod filter and the maf
you would have enough room for the standard intake pipe to fit wouldnt you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts