Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alarm went off at 1:30 this morning, scared the living crap out of me. Went outside and could find nothing, notampering, no people etc. Anybody know why this might happen?
Thanks!

G

·
Im assuming the alarm on the car, and not the house. In either case, electronics are quite finicky and prone to random unexplainable acts of discharge.

HA! Kinda like a guy meeting a supermodel....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine To

USARMYTTT said:
My alarm went off at 1:30 this morning, scared the living crap out of me. Went outside and could find nothing, notampering, no people etc. Anybody know why this might happen?
Thanks!

Alarm decided to start going while at my business today. Finally just left the doors unlocked. :confused

·
Registered
304 Posts
JWCACE said:
Alarm decided to start going while at my business today. Finally just left the doors unlocked. :confused
My son's alarm on his GT goes off from time to time also.........pain in the ass. I'm thinking about adding one but don't want the hassle of false alarms. Besides, chances are that anyone who is going to throw a brick through the side glass to tear out something will be long gone before you can show up with your .45 :lol:

JET

·
Registered
143 Posts
My pickup stays in the driveway, and if it's parked facing uphill the alarm goes off when I pull my GTO out of the garage. Never happens if the truck is parked facing downhill. Shock sensor is just a bit too sensitive.

I've had a dozen alarms and sold many more. The bottom line is that the blinking light is simply a deterrent, and will hopefully cause a potential thief to look elsewhere for an easier target. Alarms don't stop bricks, and as the reply above says, the thief would be long gone before you could do anything about it. I like the alarm for the goodies it gets me-remote starter, remote automated windows, radio turn-on, and others. And a LOT more range than the factory key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.