Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will eventually head down the road of meth injection for my P1SC setup.
Does anyone here have any dyno numbers that show HP/TQ gain, boosted vs.
boosted with meth injection?

I am really interested in the timing aspect. I have been studying alternate ways to keep my IAT's in control. I have plowed through mega blogs on intake and air mods, lotta smart people out there. I believe the meth is more cost effective?

Any and all help would be great.

04 GTO/M6
Procharger @7PSI
Spring kit
Corsa touring
Custom tune
Spec clutch
money pit, etc...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Im pretty sure it goes through the fuel system, not sure how the goat would handle it though. I've heard a few people say that for the long term plan, meth injection isn't good for the LS2 - I can't confirm this though.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Not meth injectors... meth injection, we are currently installing the meth setup from STS on a customers car. When we get the #'s I'll post them to let you know. BTW, it does spray in the intake tube in between the M.A.F. and throttle body. :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Not meth injectors... meth injection, we are currently installing the meth setup from STS on a customers car. When we get the #'s I'll post them to let you know. BTW, it does spray in the intake tube in between the M.A.F. and throttle body. :cheers
understood :cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was reading something about water/meth injection a while back. Supposedly, you could tie it into your windshield washer tank and use that (provided, I suppose, that you used a water/alcohol type windshield cleaner).
The poster claimed something like 20hp increase (a while back on the Corvette forum).
I never heard from anyone whether this benefited a mostly stock motor or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am looking toward the Snow Performance kit for my GTO. I am not to worried about corrosion since it is just windshield wiper fluid. I plan on using a pressure sensor from an f-body right up near the throttle body. I would relocate the wires from the current location to support that.

The meth injection point would be 5-6 inches back from that in the intake tube. The idea is to spray the meth into the intake tube stream ahead of the sensor. I would really like to see those dynos from GTOI. I will post all pictures of my experiance when I do the mod.

Thanks for all the comments.

diverdan said:
I was reading something about water/meth injection a while back. Supposedly, you could tie it into your windshield washer tank and use that (provided, I suppose, that you used a water/alcohol type windshield cleaner).
The poster claimed something like 20hp increase (a while back on the Corvette forum).
I never heard for anyone whether this benefited a mostly stock motor or not.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ran denatured alcohol on my 89 Turbo Trans Am. Didn't run Meth as the pump couldn't handle it. Was an old SMC single nozzle kit.

I could run 23psi on 93 octane and 0.0 KR with it running. Without, only 16psi and 0.0 KR. Others with the new progressive kits and meth could run 30psi.

If I were to buy one now, it would be from www.alkycontrol.com Its a proven kit and has great customer service.

Alky/meth injection works just like running race gas. Octane and cools at the same time...can't beat that!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i know they work good on the grand prix's...... but that of course is a different beast of an engine......i thought about meth injection but didnt know what the stock performance gains would be!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.