Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. Have an 06 with approx. 9,300 miles. The steering wheel would vibrate back and fourth about 60 mph so I rotated the tires. It appears that this was the first rotation (just purchased it a few weeks ago), you could actually see wear on the outside of the front tires but the rears look fine. Well, now I have this pull to the left. I have to hold my steering wheel a few degrees to the right just to go straight down the road. If I take my hands off the steering wheel, I get a gradual pull to left (if I'm in the right lane on hwy) and a pretty significant pull to the left if I'm on the left side of the hwy. Took it back to the shop and had a front end "alignment" done. Nothing has changed. The tire shop is telling me it's the tires...sheesh they only have 9K miles on them! My next step is to change the two fronts around and see if it pulls to the right I suppose. Anyone else had alignment issues?

·
Registered
730 Posts
i'm currently getting some new tires from an alignment issue that the dealership never spotted but mine is after nearly 26k miles. i did notice a little pulling yesterday while driving it. this past week i had very violent shaking in the goat as if it were going to fall apart whenever i was stopping. i would investigate your rack as well. the rack on my mustang needs replacing and it'll pull one way or the other. it's like fighting a hairy elephant that wants to drive itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts