Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone make it up to the Norwalk all Pontiac show and swap meet? I went and spent the weekend. All I can say is wow! Lots of cars and lots of great parts available. I picked up some 197 round port heads and a few other things. I highly recommend going if you get the chance. Lot of fun and lots of great people.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Thumpin, it is worth going without a car. This was my first time, and it was great. More money for the swap meet would have been good, but I managed to spend all that I had budgeted, and got some good stuff I have needed.
My main regret is that I didn't get to really spend some time watching the racing and checking out the cars on display. But between wheeling my wife around in a wheelchair and the heat trying to kill me, I was happy just to see a little racing and managed to see the whole swapmeet section.
Russ

·
Registered
686 Posts
When super chevy was big in the late 80's and early 90's I would go to the 3 day Indy meet every year and it would take the first 2 days just to get thru the swap meet. Sunday was for the Car Show and Racing. It was the 3rd week end in July, I feel you on the heat.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I was there, shook Jim Wagners hand and thanked him for bringing us the GTO. I picked up a 68 deck lid for $300, great piece and a great price. Since the swap meet paralleled the drag strip, I know for a fact that I walked 2 miles just in that area.
Missouri, there is an ATM under the grandstands on the far side of the track (west I believe). I know because I didn't bring enough money for the swap meet. I wish I had a truck, I would have got a posi rear end too. Just barely fit the deck lid in my little G6 as it was.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prices

That is one thing I noticed. Most of the parts there were priced to sell. Much more so than in other meets I've been to, so I loaded up. I think it's an illness. As for the heat, it's been over 100 for three weeks here, so highs in the 80's was a nice cool down for me.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I so wanted to attend this show. I am visiting my parents this Monday, in Ohio where I grew up. Missed it by a couple weeks. If it wasn't my dad's 50th, I would have been. Next year tho....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts