Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and a buddy of mine were out buynig some cleaner for my car for the next day and decided to head to his house afterwards. we pull up and park the car and head to the door. another buddy of ours was there at the door waiting for us to show up. he asks me, "Man, can you make your car any louder?" i asked if it was really loud. he says, "hell yeah. heard you all the way down the street. Sounds kind of like a Mustang." I almost punched him in the throat. but apparently he was joking.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
That would be a compliment cause Mustangs have the nicest exhaust note of the muscle cars. Atleast IMO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love my GTO dearly, but Mustangs do sound really good. So, i would not take offense to that. Before I bough my Goat, I was on the market for a Bullit 'Stang and I really liked them both the 01 and the 08 versions...especially the exhaust note.

:cheers

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
A good sounding engine is a good sounding engine. Regardless of type or manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Most Mustangs around my area all sound the same. Loud, hollow, raspy sounding.
NOT to my taste. I don't have to see the car, I know what it is from the sound.

Larry

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
The Mustang sound is *yawn*. I bet I can make an LS2 sounds like a 400 RAIII with a set of glasspacks, an H-pipe and a heavy-handed camshaft.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
A good sounding engine is a good sounding engine. Regardless of type or manufacturer.
:agree

The newer Mustangs SN197 05+, OEM exhaust sound better than any V8 from the factory. I think Ford did a good job on the exhaust setup.:eek:

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
The old 3rd gen Foxbodies (the only Mustangs I respect) that still had the 5.0/302 sounded real good. The 4.6s don't quite compare, imo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can tell when a 5.0 is coming, the 4.6 sounds less impressive to me. My 400 HO winding thru the muncie with the Q-jet open wide sounds best!

·
Registered
26 Posts
So me and a buddy of mine were out buynig some cleaner for my car for the next day and decided to head to his house afterwards. we pull up and park the car and head to the door. another buddy of ours was there at the door waiting for us to show up. he asks me, "Man, can you make your car any louder?" i asked if it was really loud. he says, "hell yeah. heard you all the way down the street. Sounds kind of like a Mustang." I almost punched him in the throat. but apparently he was joking.
If that merits a punch in the throat I'd hate to see your reaction if he talked about your mother.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Some do, but since we are on the subject of good sounding factory cars I vote the 90-92 Z34 And Eurosport Lumina's and The 2004 Comp G, oh and the new v6 2010 camaro even better with a pair of borla XS mufflers

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Some do, but since we are on the subject of good sounding factory cars I vote the 90-92 Z34 And Eurosport Lumina's and The 2004 Comp G, oh and the new v6 2010 camaro even better with a pair of borla XS mufflers
I pray this is a joke, 6 cylinders sound like there missing something with the nicest exhausts. I do like the old 5.0 Stang sound. I must admit, I have turned around to look after hearing a nice exhaust note, then found myself staring at a new mustang...

·
Registered
738 Posts
I pray this is a joke, 6 cylinders sound like there missing something with the nicest exhausts. I do like the old 5.0 Stang sound. I must admit, I have turned around to look after hearing a nice exhaust note, then found myself staring at a new mustang...
Blah you just don't remember...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts