Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had it with the amp going off on overload...i have another amp and want to install it along with some speakers...i will keep the head unit...any help on this subject would be greatly appriciated as i am not up to date on audio...thanks ahead of time !! :cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
hey i thought we had 10 spk. help i been hood winked
Two of the speakers are coaxial, so they count each of those as two......Kinda dumb really.....Never heard of a coaxial speaker being regarded as two speakers before. :cheers

·
Registered
304 Posts
Watch out on that stereo upgrade......mine started pretty simple and now I've spent close to $7K..........does sound nice though :cheers :cheers

JET

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what speakers sizes did you use ??? i seen that 6x9 fit directly in the rear shelf ???and 6.5 in the doors??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can get a deal on 2 pairs jl 6.5 componets..i was hoping i could but 2 in the doors and 2 in the rear deck ????? :cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
flht3 said:
thanks tony..they are the numbers i need...have you relaced your speakers ???
I haven't replaced the speakers yet, but they are on my Christmas list. Besides I am enjoying the sound of the Banshee Exhaust right now!
But, best of luck to ya because the rear sides are a bit tough to access.
The factory and/or dealer likes to consider a single two-way speaker "two speakers" because it sounds better when you are trying to sell a car, I suppose

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was hoping to put 2, 6.5 JL's in the rear deck and 2 in the doors ?? i realy didnt want to mess with the side panels :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tony what did you need to hook up your amp ?? mine has an adjustiblr line inputs to sink up with the stock head unit..

G

·
ay o o ay, tony, yo you cant be hostin imeegiz from ur pc, they gots to be on the net u know wa im sayin? lol

** edit **

I see you fixed your post but like what I said so its still funny. :seeya:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.