Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, I'm Joe from So. Cal. I LOVE the new GTO and am planning on having one by Jan. I dont even know if im writing this in the correct section?? Anyway, this is the first forum I've ever joined, I need to get caught up on the lingo and where to go to find what? I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. So the dealership out here has an 06 6speed with the 18''s on it for $31,271 plus t & l. but another guy has on 05 6m for 28,300. what do you guys think? No big differens from 05 to 06 right? and I want to put 19" wheels with a fat polished lip on mine, but i havent seen one done like that yet. Is there no room??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
GTO Joe said:
hey, what is a tsb? im a newbie, sorry (anyone, feel free to jump in if you know..)

A TSB is a technical service bulletin, it lists things that are common problems found with the particular vehicle. The differnces between the 06's and 05's are the tailinght on the 06 is smoke black, while the 05 is not. The 06 has backlit controls for the stereo on the steering wheel, the 05 does not have any radio controls on the steering wheel. The 06 also has a power door unlock/ lock swittch on the center console. Also the seat is supposed to move faster, the seat for rear entry moves very slow. Those are the only differences between the two. The 05 will probablly not go any lower than they are now, I say get an 06 cause of all the upgraded options and its only a $2000 difference. Especially right now with the red tag price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Wolfdogs said:
my steering wheel controls work for the raidio?

Wolfdog!!! Your over here now?



05's have some good rebate right now and the selection is still good in my area atleast. If you wait too long then the red tag deal will go away and the selection of 05's will dwindle.


Other than that welcome to the group. You will be very pleased with your purchase. The aussies know how to build a good car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
dealernut said:
Wolfdog!!! Your over here now?



05's have some good rebate right now and the selection is still good in my area atleast. If you wait too long then the red tag deal will go away and the selection of 05's will dwindle.


Other than that welcome to the group. You will be very pleased with your purchase. The aussies know how to build a good car.
thought I'd expand myself in goatdome.... still mostly at the f body forum though...and "you know where"....LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Welcome, man! Nice to have another fan on board.

BUT I do respectfully ask you to change your avatar. It's a Pennsylvania Goat staple if you will.

Is that wrong of me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pennsylvania Goat said:
Welcome, man! Nice to have another fan on board.

BUT I do respectfully ask you to change your avatar. It's a Pennsylvania Goat staple if you will.

Is that wrong of me?
not a problem, did'nt see you before I picked it. I'm probably gonna end up picking something someone else has! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
Just wait until the end of the month. GM will start issuing dealer coupons -- and the discounts will only be sweeter. Last year, I got my 04 near the end of December for $25,999 plus .9% money for 36 months. What was funny is that only a few weeks before -- you'd have a hard time getting any under invoice ($30K and change) and the money rates weren't nearly as good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
GTO Joe said:
quick question guys, what does the 05-06 goat top out at? does it really do 160? and how much of an increase am I gonna get from a cat back and fipk?
no much, but better muscle car sound from the cat back for sure. i skipped a CAI unit.... the car comes drawing cold air already.. all you have to do is mod your air box for more air entry and get a k&n drop-in filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Just wait until the end of the month. GM will start issuing dealer coupons -- and the discounts will only be sweeter. Last year, I got my 04 near the end of December for $25,999 plus .9% money for 36 months. What was funny is that only a few weeks before -- you'd have a hard time getting any under invoice ($30K and change) and the money rates weren't nearly as good.
I would not bet that GM will discount the cars that are 140% above their expected sales for the month. 04's were discounted heavily because of the LS2 coming out. The 05's are selling very well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
johnebgoode said:
28,300.00 fro an 05 is too much.Mine was 28K even with an Auto and gas guzzler tax (1300.00)

That is $900 under employee price right now. That is truly an incredible deal. Hell I could not even buy one for that right now. Even if I used $750 of certificate money.

Course with my GM card points I can beat it. HAHA!!!!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top