Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty upset about this. Here in PA we don't need no stiiinking front plates. So, I took off the front plate license plate bracket. Turns out that the bracket is held on by screwing into the soft plastic bumper. Now I've got 4 little holes (2 from the bracket, 2 others hidden by the bracket caused by god knows what...) that show up really well on my yellow jacket 05. What can I do?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I had the same problem. Mr. dumb as a wrench delivered the car with the front bracket installed after I specifically told them not to in writing in the sales contract. I decided to take delivery anyway as I intend to beat the snot out of this thing and replace it in a couple of years.

The dealer agreed to have the error corrected to my satisfaction. They offered to fill and paint the bumper or use small plastic plugs painted body color. I really didn't want a brand new car with zero miles on the clock going through the dealers paint shop. I had them use the plugs and they aren't very noticeable.

·
Registered
455 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
We dont have front plates here in FL and my car didnt come with any holes in the front. I wonder why yours did?
When I bought mine, I was told by the dealer, that the cars do not come with holes, and it is optional (at that dealership at least) if the customer wants the front plate mounted or not.

I find it odd that in a state that doesn't require a front plate, that the dealer drilled the holes and mounted the frame anyway. Maybe the same dealer has locations in other states and just drills all their cars?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4 BKT VET said:
@25.00:rofl:
Jeez... and I'd need two pair since I have 4 holes. I think they just put the plate holder on so they could try to get some advertizing from their dealer plate on the front. :mad:

Maybe I can get some paint that matches and make my own. Do dealers still carry touch up paint?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine doesnt have them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Front Holes

I Have Always Specified No Holes Or Plate In Front. I Also Live In Penna, Where Thankfully We Do Not Have Front Plates.

I Also Do Not Take Delivery With Dealer Decals, License Plate Frames, Emblems, Etc.. Figured I Paid Him For The Car Why Should I Be His Billboard!!

I Would Have Been Pissed But Would Have Waited For Another Car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
You can buy the plastic plugs a Lowes or Home Depot.. I used them to plug the holes in my trunk temporarily (made it permanent this week) after the spoiler delete. I bought some Duplicolor spray paint and matched them myself... worked great. You'll probably need to drill the holes out to 1/4 or 3/16th to get the plugs to fit... There may even be a slightly smaller plug that would cover the hole.

Roper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.